I considered just editing the original post
, but I kind of like being able to trace the progression, and well, I'm a virtual hoarder and what if I need to see the original post the way it is
? So here we go. I'll probably edit this one as I get stuff. Maybe.
Stuff I have in bold and numbered in French, because that's how I'm going to do it when I set up the hunt.Un. Fashion BabylonDeux. Principles of AstrologyTrois. Easter Basket
-- Not quite
done. Have basket, grass, some plastic eggs, a few little toys that were a quarter apiece at Party City, one of those birthday tiaras which I'm hoping I can fit onto the handle to top it off. Need candy in three varieties (basic, awesome, full of cannabis), edibles from District if I can afford them (their cookies are bloody $12 but really pretty and would look great in the basket) piece... I have a couple packs of lighters lying about, those can go in. Needs a candy bunny. Quatre. Dirty English cologneCinq. See's Candy
6. Cake -- Going with the cherry amaretto cheesecake because I think chocolate lava is a little more time-sensitive and would need to be made, then served fairly immediately. Ingredients list made out... Jesus, this is more effort than I thought. Uh, I'll manage. Probably be easiest to get Nicole or Elvira to take my grandmother and I to the grocery store.
7. Mix -- Finish compiling, get SD card.
8. Something shiny -- Goodwill, Claire's, etc.
9. Something leather -- Same, maybe also hunt for sales at Fossil/Wilsons. Would really like to get at least preliminary ideas for these two this afternoon.
10. Cigarette holder -- Mind's Eye for this, easter basket piece, and assorted fillers. Really want Nicole on this one because the two of us in the Mind's Eye could probably end up filling out half the list.
11. Card -- Get cardstock, make. Or buy. I'm getting lazy.
12. Chart -- This needs to at least start happening tonight. I discovered a couple things I can return to Michael's, so I should probably go do that and buy the paper for it this afternoon.
13. Sewing stuff -- Tube not held together largely by tape, pattern paper, pins, maybe thread & feet. That last might require stealing his box for a bit to figure out which ones he already has. Whole thing might require a trip to NoHo, but it's not like it's the only thing on this list that does. Still not sure how good an idea this is for how much it could end up costing.
14. Bowtie -- Really hoping to find one at Goodwill. Uh, maybe I should figure out where the hell else one might buy a bowtie. I'm guessing department stores are a solid option. I also really, really like the idea of getting a bowtie, a Stetson and a fez and seeing how long it takes him to get the joke, but that's probably too much effort at this late date.
15. Frying pan -- Either Ross or Marshall's has them between $12 and $16. Ross, I think. Just need to get over there with some cash.
16. Scarf -- Marhsall's.
17. Zombie Boy .gif -- This should probably happen tonight; it's way easier than I'm making it out to be.
18. Trippy life-the-universe-and-everything DVDs -- I'm thinking maybe Down The Rabbit Hole
because it's probably cheaper than a series and he likes a bit of pseudoscience on occasion, but Blue Planet
sounds fucking amazing. Scour used racks...do used racks still exist? Is there still an FYE in Montebello mall? Does FYE still exist? o_O
19. Gift card to Chik-Fil-A -- Mostly for amusement value.
20. Paris trunk from Ross
21. Bottle of X-Rated with birthday cake topper
22. ecard drinking glasses
23. We are counting breakfast as an item. I actually rather like the idea of packing it to go since he has to catch the 6:28 bus, with a little 'un' stuck on top and he doesn't find out why until after class.
24. At which point we kidnap him with a picnic lunch. Deux.
25. D&G shoes -- Make sure that he'll still be able to get them, then figure out where he can do so and get a giftcard to there, as well as a shoebox to wrap it in.
All of that's fairly set in stone. Here's the stuff that's becoming a little more up in the air:
--Ouija board: I'm just not sure I have the time, money or oomph
for this. Ideally I'd be like, researching symbolism of different types of wood and shit but...yeah, I just don't think I can do this.
-- Still a possibility. Keep it small, find a little motor, some scrap wood, I have a metric shitload of wire laying about the house... But it's likely too much effort for the payoff.
--Bound book -- Either horoscope for the year, spellbook, some combination of the two. I'm still fairly fond of this, perhaps I can research it a bit tonight while I'm working on his chart and see if it's something I can actually pull off.
-- Ross has a really lovely box, (though it's slightly cracked on one side). Wouldn't be too hard to throw in some candles, a small tarot deck, maybe even a little chalice... Can probably also take some inspiration from this
, though far less gothy.
--Ross also has really nice hanging glass jars done up with leather straps. Not sure he'd be that into them, though. Could just be that I'm
--The hipsterlite bag disappeared, but I still really like the idea of a brown leather studded wallet/geek pouch/satchel
. I'd rather find something brilliant in Goodwill or somewhere and stud it myself if necessary, but in the end this would probably require a trip to Fossil or somewhere. (Not that I ever really object to a trip to Fossil. >_>)
--One of the de la Renta scarves also disappeared (praying the other one does not follow suit), but scarves abound at both Ross and Marshall's. Think I need Nicole's discernment here 'cause I'm just staring at them all like, 'mmm, scarves.'
--Again if I find myself with an abundance of time and money (ha), the officer's cap, American Apparel jacket or purple leather jacket would all be amazing, particularly the cap. But really I'm supposed to be thinking easier, not harder.
Which brings us again to the fairly-realistic filler list. If all else fails:
Liquor is always an option.
--So is handmade jewelry.
--Find a neat mug.
--Something cobalt blue.
--Something New Yorky, maybe.
--Attempt the Dalek hat
--How much do classic Who seasons go for, anyway?
--Maybe a wire-wrapped crystal or lighter wrap
--Wander Goodwill/99 Cent Store frantically.
Thoughts & inspiration from tumblr:
--Something like this
could work as a card.
--Milk Carton gift boxes
--Laws of Modern man
could probably make a pretty awesome little booklet.
--...while ecard glasses
would be way more awesome than a book like I was originally thinking.
--Speaking of books, there's this
this one</a> which is pretty much what I have in mind for the spellbook, and also these tiny ones
which I could probably do something with.
Cute but ultimately useless. Kind of like the idea of doing something like this in the aforementioned hanging jars, though.
--Mini terrarium necklace.
Again, I think I'm far more into this than he would be.
Also need to plan breakfast
and figure out the official order/notes/what day we're actually doing this.